1. Check-in time?
As a rough guide, the check-in time is after 2pm. Let us know when you plan to arrive; if you get here early, we’ll do everything we can to make you room available on arrival.
2. Check-out time?
As a rough guide, the check-out time is before 12pm. Let us know what time you are due to leave and we’ll do our best to meet your requirements.
3. Is Reception open 24 hours?
Yes, Reception and the porter service are available 24/7.
4. Which languages are spoken at Reception?
Italian, English, French, German, Spanish and Russian.
5. Can I leave my luggage?
Yes, we can look after your luggage if, when you arrive, your room is not ready or if you are leaving after 12pm. We will store your luggage free of charge on your check-in and check-out days.
6. Internet connection?
A wireless internet connection is available throughout the hotel.
The guest rooms feature hi-speed web connectivity (both wireless and cabled).
7. Which is the nearest airport?
The nearest airport is the Tessera/Marco Polo Airport in Venice, which is located around 160 km away.
8. Which is the nearest train station?
The two closest stations are located around 30 km away: Calalzo to the north and Dobbiaco to the south.
9. How can I reach Cortina from the airport?
On Saturdays and Sundays, there is a bus transfer service from the main airports in Venice, Verona, Bologna and Milan. We can also organise a private transfer by limousine or helicopter. Contact us for more information.
10. Is a limousine service available from the airport?
Yes, this service is available on request. When booking this service, please state the flight number for your arrival and/or departure and the relevant times. The cost of the service depends on which airport you are arriving at or departing from.
11. Can you offer a helicopter service to take me to Cortina d’Ampezzo?
Yes, this service is available on request. When booking this service, please state the flight number for your arrival and/or departure and the relevant times. The cost of the service depends on the flight time.
12. Can I rent a car at the hotel or nearby?
Yes, you can rent a car either through the hotel or from one of the local car-rental specialists with which we have special agreements in place.
13. If I come by car, which motorway exit should I take?
If you are coming from the south, take the Belluno exit, then follow the road signposted as SS51 to reach Cortina.
14. Is the hotel in the centre of Cortina?
Yes, the hotel is in the centre of Cortina, just 100m from the pedestrianised area.
15. How far is the hotel from the pedestrianised shopping area?
Our hotel is situated just 100 metres from the pedestrianised shopping area.
16. Is the hotel close to the ski runs?
The sky-bus stop is located right in front of the hotel. Within 5 minutes, you will reach the Faloria cable car.
17. How much does the Ski Pass cost?
The cost varies from season to season. Please ask at Reception, where the staff will assist you in purchasing the Ski Pass.
18. Is breakfast included in the price?
Breakfast is offered to all guests staying at the hotel, regardless of the package chosen.
19. What is offered at breakfast?
The buffet breakfast includes a selection of croissants, charcuterie, cheeses, eggs and bacon. You can even enjoy some spumante, should you wish!
20. What time is breakfast served?
Breakfast is served from 7am to 11am, every day.
21. What does half-board accommodation include?
Half-board accommodation includes breakfast and dinner in our restaurant. The cuisine is Mediterranean.
22. What time is dinner served?
Dinner is served from 8pm to 10pm.
23. Is room service available? If so, at what times?
Room service is available from 7am to 11pm.
24. What difference is there between a comfort room and a superior room?
The decor is the same, but the superior rooms are larger.
25. When were the rooms last refurbished?
The hotel has very recently been fully renovated. It re-opened in December 2009.
26. What is the difference between a twin room and a double room?
A twin room has two single beds, whereas a double room has one double bed.
27. Do you have adjoining rooms?
Yes. If you require adjoining rooms, please request them when making your booking.
28. Do you have smoking and non-smoking rooms?
All rooms are no smoking. Available at Grand Hotel Savoia the Cigar Bar
29. Do you have rooms that have services for those with disabilities?
Yes. The rooms that are suitable for those with disabilities are very spacious and comfortable.
30. Do the bathrooms have baths or showers?
Most of the rooms have baths. The shower cabins are very generously proportioned.
31. How many floors does the hotel have?
The hotel has nine floors in all.
32. Is there a lift?
There are two lifts for guests and a service lift.
33. How many bars does the hotel have?
The hotel has a bar called "Giardino d’Inverno" (Winter Garden) with a piano bar. There is also the Cigar Bar.
34. Do you have a smoking room?
We have a delightful Cigar Bar, which has been specially created for those who wish to enjoy a smoke seated in a comfortable armchair.
35. Does the hotel have a wellness centre?
Yes, the Mességué Wellness Centre is open to guests and offers a range of standard and customised packages.
36. Does the hotel have a swimming pool?
The hotel has an indoor swimming pool and a large hydromassage tub.
37. Are there car parking spaces or a car park?
Our car park has 170 spaces with valet parking.
38. How much does parking cost?
The car park costs €30.00 per day.
39. Are pets allowed to stay at the hotel?
Yes, pets are most welcome. There is a €20 per day charge.
40. How far in advance do I have to book?
As soon as you have planned your trip! We sometimes have last-minute availability, but in general the earlier you book, the lower the room rate.
41. Is it cheaper to book online?
On our site, you will find a number of deals that are cheaper than the official rate, but there are certain restrictions. You can save more than 15%.
42. Is the online booking procedure secure?
Yes, we use the SSL protocol, so all bookings made on our site are secure.
43. Are the prices quoted per room or per person?
The prices quoted are always per room for Bed & Breakfast and half-board accommodation. Please take care when selecting the room type you require.
44. Do children stay for free? (Please note: one child only per room)
Yes, children up to the age of 2 stay for free (accompanied by an adult). There are also promotional periods in which children up to the age of 12 can stay for free.
45. Is it possible to have a cot/child’s bed in the room? If so, at what price?
Yes, cots and children’s beds are available at no additional cost.
46. At what time can I check-in? By what time must I check-out?
As a rough guide, check-in is after 2pm and check-out is before 12pm.
47. When do I need to pay for the accommodation?
Payment of any outstanding balance is made when you check out, but payment must be guaranteed when you check in, unless agreed otherwise on the basis of the applicable rates.
48. Can I pay by credit card?
Yes, we accept Visa, MasterCard, JCB, American Express and Diners Club cards.
49. Does the hotel have a conference room? If so, how many people can it accommodate?
The hotel has a total of 12 conference rooms that can accommodate from 2 to 270 people.
50. Is the restaurant open?
The restaurant is open to all guests who have booked a half-board package. Guests who have booked on a Bed & Breakfast basis are advised to book in advance at the restaurant.
51. Do you offer a ski room service?
You can leave your skis at the ski room. Feel free to take full advantage of the hotel’s ski service. We offer cleaning, maintenance and repair of skis during the day.